In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Strong, a Mussul Unsquit village

A Legacy of Woods and Waters

Online Items

Congregational Church, Strong, ca. 1950

Congregational Church, Strong, ca. 1950

Item 66658 info
Strong Historical Society

The Congregational Church was built in 1848 on a knoll overlooking Depot Street and Main Street and dedicated in 1849. For more than 100 years it served its members, but due to economic reasons and declining membership the church was decommissioned and sold in 1951.

For the next forty years it served as the Masonic Hall of the Davis Lodge, A.F. & A.M.


Item 83 of 166