In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Strong, a Mussul Unsquit village

A Legacy of Woods and Waters

Online Items

Dr. Charles Bell's parlor car, Strong, ca. 1936

Dr. Charles Bell's parlor car, Strong, ca. 1936

Item 65504 info
Strong Historical Society

Parlor car #9 of the Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad, parked on siding rails behind Forster's warehouse, after it was sold to Dr. Charles W. Bell when the railroad was dismantled. This was reputed to be the only narrow gauge parlor car in existence.


Item 69 of 166