In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Strong, a Mussul Unsquit village

A Legacy of Woods and Waters

Online Items

Tracks near Forsters Toothpick millyard, Strong, ca. 1910

Tracks near Forsters Toothpick millyard, Strong, ca. 1910

Item 63735 info
Strong Historical Society

The narrow gauge tracks of the Franklin and Megantic Railroad ran easterly from the Strong station, behind Forsters Toothpick mill, then northerly through the mill yard. North of the mill yard the tracks crossed Vine Street on the way to Freeman, Salem and Kingfield.

In this view the buildings on Vine Street from left to right are the Methodist Church, Stubbs' barn, the J. H. Norton home, the Ed Howard home and the railroad maintenance shed. In the distance at far right is the Jesse Phillips home at the north end of High Street.


Item 39 of 166